Top Ten Rules for a NABS Tour Guide
to Know When to Cancel a Tour
By Dick Wunder and friends
From SPAN January 1999
1. If you see a duck swimming in the road.
2. If you see somebody waterskiing down the highway while being towed by a car.
3. If you find two inches of snow on your vehicle when you wake up in the morning.
4. If you come to a locked gate with a big "No Trespassing" sign and you don't have a Navajo
guide with you.
5. If you come to a sign that says "Impassable When Wet" and it's raining heavily.
6. If your vehicle starts to sink in quicksand.
7. If nobody signs up for your tour.
8. If nobody shows up for your tour.
9. If everybody drops out of your tour when they find out it's twice as far as advertised.
10. If everybody drops out of your tour when they find out the guide doesn't really know how to get there.